Not even an Episode


Everyone seems to have a bucket list these days.  Did the term ‘Bucket List’ exist before the movie, or did people just keep their life lists hidden in a journal until the movie came out, and ultimately decided to publicize them in hopes that some aimless millionaire would come along and want to take you on an adventure to fulfill your dreams?  I cant imagine that the luke-warm movie actually inspired a term.   I mean, It had a decent cast and a semi-interesting story line, and ok, It made me cry a tiny bit, but its not as if it was worth of creating a blog phenomenon-it wasn’t Mean Girls, you werent just Notebooked..  Where did the idea come from?  Did people have a Bucket List 100 years ago?
Creating a bucket list for your blog seems a bit narcissistic to me.  But then, I suppose so does keeping a blog… and twitter… and facebook.  OK then, here it goes… 

Before I die, I would like to….
Go Sky Diving.  Obligatory bucket list item
Go on a Mediterranean Cruise-Be able to afford a Mediterranean Cruise..
Have a lengthy discussion on how great Reality TV is with a Harvard Professor.
Be quoted as an "expert" in a trade magazine -Any trade magazine works. Please?!  I can be an expert…
Teach the dog to not pee on the floor –Pleeeease!!
Live in another country. OK, live in a COOL other country, I have no desire to go to Haiti.
Cook a meal to replace Husbands “Best Meal Ever” that he had in Italy.
Travel on the NYC Subway system without looking at a map.
Meet Gwen Stefani.  Please!!
Become BFFs with Gwen Stefani. 
Spend a week at the Louvre.  Not the gift shop across the street.
Have a photograph published. 
Become a Wine Connoisseur. OK, who determines this, because I already consider myself one?


Ill leave you with pictures depicting the steady climb into Spring.  Here are two pictures of the same lake in Cape Cod-three months apart.  Both, arguably are hovering around 30 degrees (Brrrr).  It was really sunny today, which you can’t tell from my crappy Blackberry picture.  

And a picture of my baby...
...because, why not?

1 comment:

  1. I am a reality tv junkie. I totally understand how that made it on your list.

    Good luck with the no-peeing-on-the-floor business. That's hard work!

    I WANT TO BE GWEN'S BFF! I have a small girl crush on her. And maybe on her husband too.

    Love the pics! And how cute is your puppy??? LOOOVE!

    Sent her via Raven. Have a great week~

    ReplyDelete