Episode Nine : Should I Breakup with Shoes?


I, like most girls, love shoes.  I love flipping through shoes in magazines and on Polyvore (my latest obsession, find me!).  What I don’t love though, is shoe shopping.  Should I turn in my girl card now?   I have a problem.  I am 6 feet tall, and while shorter girls may act like this is no big deal or say they’re jealous (all lies), for me, it is.  If we go out for drinks, you’re almost always shorter than me, even in your hottie heels, while I rock the flats.  Get confidence, be proud, yeah yeah.   I’ve heard it all.  I haven’t always hated shoe shopping.  For a tall girl who never wears heels, I have quite a few pairs.  I buy them like some girls buy skinny clothes, with the hopes of someday fitting into them.  I place them where I can see them to admire them like art, but rarely place them on the floor to slip my feets into.  It’s rather sad actually. 

I tend to surround myself with other girls who are taller in attempts to hide my height.  While it didn’t sustain itself with such superficial bonds, I can’t say that I initially choose my BFF solely for reasons other than her matching height.  But now, it doesn’t help that she lives 3000 miles away from me.  In fact, last Friday when we went out, she wore flats, that bitch!


The worst part is when I meet people whom I need to impress for the first time.  One of their first comments is almost always ’Wow, you’re tall.”  Wow, thanks for noticing Miss Bad Dye Job and Mr. Insecure Shortie.  Interviewing with men has got to be the worst.  6-foot tall girl walks into a bar…. Yeah, we all know how this joke ends.  Walking into the office on a particular confident day in heels almost always brings 6-10 comments, about my height and that joke, You’re not aloud to wear heals here,  you make us feel insecure. 

This DEFINITELY doesn’t help that, regardless of the abundance of cute flats, almost ALL new shoes out have a PLAT-FORM (yes, this is TWO four-letter words to a tall girl).  ARG… it frustrates me! 
Recently, I was shopping with a friend and she wandered over to the shoe section of Nordstrom Rack.  I tried to lead her over to the accessories, but she wasn’t having it.  So, I wandered the aisles of not my size and gazed longingly at the tiny gems.  Soon, my friend found a cute pair of black FLAT sandals.  She had recently mentioned that she broke her favorite pair and needed a replacement, but wasn’t sure about these.  Uh, HELLO!  I AM.  I was in love.  SO CUTE!!  Plus, they were strong enough to outstand my Dog (lets just say, Target brand doesn’t).  So, we both tried them on, SHE insisted.  Granted, they fit her a little more than me, but I was hoping (for an hour) that she would opt not to get them.  She also found a pair of tall boots that she was in love with, and I worked my hardest to convince her to get them.  They made her legs look great!  She deserved them!  It’s rare that she can find boots that zip up her calf (as many women have this problem!)  So, I did a great job of convincing her, and she bought them.  WOOHOO, $100 down, sure she wont buy a pair of sandals ALSO.  But then she bought the sandals too, ulg.  I couldn’t complain because, after all, she found them first.  

I’m slightly devastated.  I just spend an hour online searching for Lucky Brand, Nordstrom, Shoes, and Sandals.  Nothing.  Of course, Damn You Shoe World.  And now, I know myself well enough to know that I will compare every single sandal from now until I die (or until she donates them to me) on those perfect sandals. Another failed trip in the shoe aisle.  Cant we just all walk barefoot?  I mean, I have an awesome pedicure going on right now… my toes would look fabulous with those sandals.  


Holy Crap, Thank You Blog World!  I was skimming the blog before posting and decided it needed some pictures, so I went to Polyvore (I'm telling you, I'm addicted), and I put in the description and HERE THEY ARE!  You were probably thinking they were made of gold with how much I was in love with them, but trust me, they're sooo cute!  Now I just need to find them for cheaper!  

5 comments:

  1. haha this is hilarious! i have come to love my height....maybe if we lived closer i could convince you too?? ;) i'll actually wear heels when meeting someone for the first time if i think they are intimidating in hopes of intimidating them! lol BUT my good ole friend r.fox always said yes my height is intimidating to men so to make a positive spin on that I figure i'm natually just weeding out the weenies. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm jealous that you're tall. I'm a freakin' shorty. I need heels on at all times. Flats just don't do crap for my chubby legs. I'm serious.

    HAPPY FRIDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha love this! For some reason, I never knew you were as tall as Brittany? Really? Gosh why am I SO SHORT? I WANT those high heel shoes you posted! Send me the info please, I'm serious. Don't be jealous that I can wear them and you can't, or ok, be jealous. But I want to be tall!!!!! and skinny like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shoes are adorable! I have the opposite problem! I am only 5 ft tall so when I am looking for jeans you guessed it - they ALL drag the ground! I LOVE those heels you posted! Sorry you can't wear them or don't want to but I am sure you would be totally Hot walking around in the hot high heels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the opposite problem. I can never find jeans long enough for heels. When I do find them, I have to wash them and stretch them to stay long. Unfortunately, you cant make something longer that doesn't have the fabric...

    Arent those heels cute?! I love them!! They're Christian Louboutin... slightly out of MY price range. ;)

    ReplyDelete