Episode Six : Surprising Seattle

Setting the scene: I'm in SEATTLE, downtown, at a coffee shop (no, not that one), watching the rain pound down.  Its fun to watch the tourists (easily recognizable by the umbrellas) attempting to look up through the rain drops at the hidden space needle.  Who comes here in April??  Oh, besides people returning home to surprise their friends and family who they haven't seen in TOO long.


I am now halfway through with my secret, which is now no longer a secret.  I am in Seattle!  Not a big deal, but rather exciting for me and for the few people I'm seeing.  You see, it was a spur of the moment travel decision.  While the Husband was in DC, he insisted I come here to see my loved ones.  OK!  I can do that!  Literally, only my two best friends knew I was coming.  This is a huge accomplishment because I am horrible at keeping secrets.  I love sharing juicy exciting details with people.  I actually managed to go four days without telling my friends and family that I was arriving.  Now that I am here, and finished my last reveal, I can relax, I hope.

I am finally beginning to feel a bit calmer while sitting at the coffee shop because after 4 days, I am finally connected to the rest of the world via my beloved MacBook. I'm soaking up the free wifi because, if you can believe it or not, no one in my family has the ability to tell me what their wireless password.  It's been rather irritating.    Granted, I do have my lifeline in form of a smart phone, but that can only do so much.  I cant write a blog, upload pictures and edit them on FB, and I def cant read and comment on all my new favorite blogs (prepare for back comments within the week).


My week has been full of surprises, and luckily, albeit one happening late, all went well.  First, I had my best friend go to my moms house to 'deliver flowers.'  After the delivery, I popped in the door.  I'm pretty sure my moms reaction was half heart attack inducing, half shitting herself (I kid).  It was a nice surprise.  Minutes later, my brother called her house and I answered, making him wonder why he called 20 miles away and got his sister who lives 3000 miles away.  The very best was walking into my Dads new business where he was inn the middle of painting.  He looked up and said HI, then took a literal double check, SHELLEY??!?!??!!!  He actually dropped the paintbrush in the process of coming over to give me one of those great hugs that leave you rocking back and forth.  I love those hugs.  It's been really hard being so far away from them since my Grandpa passed away in January.
OK, so now it's about time to post before I move onto my next Big Seattle Adventure.  Ill chat with everyone in the blog-world soon.

xoShell

2 comments:

  1. Miss Shelley was in Sea-town! And I didn't even get to see you. Then again, you didnt invite me, only boobie. Oh well. Guess that's just how it is, huh? I love that you surprised your family!! I would love to do that but my family lives like, 5 minutes away, and they usually pop in to surprise ME ha!! Glad you had fun Miss Shelley Belley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was totally thinking on my drive back to good ole Tri that I hope to never drive back over to seattle in the rainy season. way too much hydroplaning for my liking and unexpected snow storm over the pass....unless you requested the visit again, that is.

    ReplyDelete