What I'm Loving Wednesday : Home Edition

I hope I linked this correctly..

I know I already posted today, but as soon as I hit publish, I remembered it was Wednesday!  I get to jump on the bandwagon and play Positive Shelley for a brief moment.

I hate doing laundry.  The first person to make this a fun chore gets a gold star in my book, but until then, I’ll just have to find joy wherever I get it.  These are our new washer and dryer.  It was a very adult purchase that wasn’t very fun, but necessary.  But the best part, they PLAYS MUSIC when they start and finishes, and the musical tune is very bubbly and upbeat.  It makes me giggle every time I hear it-which is much better than the dread of past machines. 

This is my Desktop.  Same as yours?  Well, this is an accomplishment for me.  For years, regardless of the computer, I’ve always had a trillion (yes, a trillion) icons and files and documents all over the place.  It was impossible to find anything, so I was constantly recreating everything.  Now, all I have on here is
  • A file for the here bloggy Blog
  • A file for my resume/writing samples
  • Two unfinished blogs that you might be seeing in the future
  • A background picture of the Boston Public Library’s ceiling (pretty impressive, huh?)
Everything else is neatly tucked away out of sight.  (Yes, I hide things in closets when company comes over, what’s it to you?)


I LOVE MEN!!  I know I know, obvious, right?!  But that’s not where I’m going with this, I’m married, remember?  So, I love that every time I interview with a man in the past, I have been offered the job.  I’m hoping today follows this course because I had a kickass interview with THREE men today for a job that I would be exceptionally good at.  I went into the interview with the idea that if I don’t get the job, I can just go back to school to get my Masters (I’ve been weighing both options heavily for the last few months trying to decide which would be better for me).  Anyway, I think I have this job in the bag, but keep your fingers crossed for me. 


I love my dishes/tableware.  Granted, red and teal/blue/turquoise/aqua-ish don’t really go together, but, shut up!  They do!  I put together the place setting to show you, my lovely blog followers.  And since we NEVER sit at the dining table, it becomes home to coopers siblings our plants.  This is Planty, he was our first plant.  He doesn’t require as much attention as Whitey, Big Butt and Cooper.  He inspired our bamboo appearance here (um, we have bamboo utensils).  It kinda looks like Planty’s about to get his wine on. 

 It’s a very Seattley day outside, damp, cold and rainy.  So, I’m staying inside, stupidly in the coldest room of the house, what am I thinking?!   Anyway, I’m thinking of making something delicious…  Chocolate Chip Cookies.  And since, no matter how precisely I follow the directions for my Moms homemade cookie recipe, I cant get it right, so I’m sticking to the deliciously easy Betty Crocker Cookies.  Yumm. 


4 comments:

  1. Love your table, I think it goes together and looks super cute! And best of luck with the interviews! Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley I love you! and say what? Your washer and dryer plays mewsak? No fair! and I JUST cleaned up my desktop, it seriously had like zero space for anything, it was just covered in crap. I LOOOOOOVE a clean desktop. and of course you love men, only because they love you. I'm sure you will get the job what with your looks and personality (oh yeah, and your talent). Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohh la la.....the new washer and dryer should help make laundry more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, TOTALLY jealous about your fancy schmansy washer and dryer. I think the lack of music is what's holding me back from doing laundry on a regular basis.

    Also? I love a clean desktop. Of course I never get to see it since I always have 16 windows open, but it feels good to know it's under there...somewhere...

    ReplyDelete