Episode sixteen : Its a Saturday...


I just got a job!  Yay Me!  You know what that means?  The House of Belmont will be without a Housewife.  I mean, I’m still going to live here, the Husband isn’t looking for someone else, but I wont be doing all those fun housewife duties – at least not as much as I was use to.  On Thursday, while we were celebrating with champagne, I brought this dilemma up to the Husband.  You know, now that I will be working 40-60 hours a week, I wont have time to cook, clean, shop, walk the dog, pick up dry cleaning, and all that other stuff that’s been keeping me busy for the last three months.  And let me tell you, I HAVE been busy.  But now, I’m bringing home the bacon, and I’m not gonna fry it up as well (especially considering I don’t even eat bacon!)  He insisted that we try something new.   Lets CLEAN AS WE GO.  Oh yeah, ok.  We’ll see how long this lasts.  He’s gone three months without touching the washer, and I’m pretty certain his hands are aren’t dishwater-safe. 

Last night (one day later), I opened a bottle of wine and left the tin and cork on the counter while I took a big swig as I wanted back into the office.  He so kindly called me into the kitchen and pointed to the trash and reminded me that we were going to clean as we go.  Oops, I figured you forgot about that, thanks for the reminder.  Damnit.  See, here’s the thing about me.  If we live together, and YOU clean, I will clean.  But if YOU are a slob, I will be a slob.  I’ve been that way with all of my roommates of the past.  I even warn them about it before hand.  It’s me, and to know me is to love me.  I can’t change.  I’ve tried. 

Fast forward to today.  I went into the kitchen to make lunch, only to find the sink full of dishes (somehow I was oblivious to them last night.  You see, I have that talent, its called selective-observation).  As I began to rinse and load the dishes, I found a lot of coffee cups.  Hmm, that’s strange, I stopped drinking coffee a few months ago, so that means…….  AH HA!!  MY TURN!!  I called the Husband up at his conference (After all, this was important!)

    Husband: Hello
    Me: Hi Stinks (pet name)
    H: Hey Whats up?  I cant talk for too long..
    M: That’s ok; I just wanted to tell you something.  Remember our Clean-as-you-Go rule? 
    H: Yeah?
    M: Well, I just found some coffee cups in the sink under the pans from last night’s dinner that you    
          made. 
    H: Oh…  Well…  the dishwasher needed to be emptied. 
    M: Nope, it was empty. 
    H: Oh.....
    M: But don’t worry; Ill put them in there for you. 


I just have one (over-used, obnoxious, cliché) word for this situation.

#Winning!

On a complete different note.  Remember that Manicure I got on Tuesday?  Gels, promised to last two weeks.  Its been 5 days, how do you recommend I go show the manicurist my boo boo?
pls excuse crappy photo quality, I was too lazy to turn on another light.


7 comments:

  1. Ok, who ever knew you were so witty! You are funny Miss Shell! I LOVE that if the person you are living with a slob, you will be a slob too. That is SO me! SO ME! Me and you should never live together, let's just put it that way.

    and again, CONGRATS on the job! That sounds freakin awesome. But trust me, you will probably quit in a week or two, you will miss your housewife duties too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I got gels, I couldn't tell the difference between them and acrylics. hmmm

    Congrats again on the job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I so laughed at this! You and your husband sound so cute..and funny!!
    Congrats on your new job!! Your hubs is definitely going to have to chip in with the house work. I'm a part time house wife (I work one week out of town a month) and I have no clue how I did the house and cooking when I was working full time. Oh yeah. I didn't. We did the clean as you go (except on the weekends) and monday I deep cleaned. We had spaghetti probably 3-4 times a week. Haha! It's HARD work to work full time and have a clean home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and with the nail, just call her and tell her the tip came off and ask if she'll fix it? She'd probably appreciate you having her fix it than tell everyone how crappy a job she did (I'm not saying you would, but I've worked in a salon for years so I know their way of thinking:) She'll be happy to do it if you're nice about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm blog-hoppin- I definitely think you should go back and show em the nail. I've gotten the gel stuff twice and its been great for me, but I know a couple people it didn't go so well for and came off within a few days. Weird how that happens. Congrats on your job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you got some wack gel nails because mine have lasted almost a month both times. I'm about to go get them redone before I go out of town tomorrow or wednesday. Go back and/or find another salon! I try to clean up as I got but I live alone so sometimes I just let my place go to hell and turn into a crack den. Congrats on the job! That's soooo exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete